Saturday, May 26, 2007

Me, Myself and I[rene]

That wasn't a very original start to my blog, yeah, I know. You can probably smell the stench from the title right in your desktop. Well, I know its an overdone phrase to describe anything about self, but I decided to use it as a title of this first blog anyway. The reason? My scant regards for your taste!

Me, a good man. That's what I was destined to be when I was born, and that's my first introduction. Then comes the other credentials I collected as I went along tasting the apples that came my way. I am an architect by profession. I have two females in my life, a wife and a tiny 7m old daughter. Tiny, because she happens to be underweight -- so we are trying to make him eat as much as possible to gain weight. In a couple of years, she will reverse the gear and eat as less as she can to reduce weight, but till she can call the shots, let us have our way!

Funny, come to think of it! We were also trying to make her crawl a few weeks back. And now that she is, we are trying to make her sit still so that we can go about doing our domestic errands. We are also trying to teach her talk. I am sure there will be a time when we will ask her to shut up for a while.

Me and my wife are both architects actually. But like two doctors, we never agree when it comes to professional decisions. So we do our own things -- I primarily design townships and buildings, she does interiors.

Why is this blog called haripada?Haripada is a bengali, so am I -- 100%. Haripada is a sadamata chhotokhato lok, (plain, simple, small person) which is what I am. Haripada has large eyes, I have my round specs to offer. Haripada, of this particular song and the short story it was inspired from, is probably an ET. I am not sure as yet that I am not one.

No comments: