Thursday, September 16, 2010

Admit One

Bravo Governement! I totally support your directive that all nursery admissions are to happen through lottery. No more interviews of kids, no more interviews, written tests of parents, no more hanky pankys. 

Excuse me, Government! The schools are charging anything between Rs 500/- (cost of form) up to Rs 2000/- (Registration fee, to submit the form) from us to participate in these lotteries!

Look at it from another perspective, in the last 2 weeks I have bought Rs 10,000/- worth of lottery tickets! Had I spent it on Sikkim State Lottery, maybe by now I would have been able to send Tiasha to study in Switzerland!

2 comments:

How do we know said...

LOL @ that Sikkim State Lottery comment.. that amount is for Shikshanter.. am not sure if any other school is charging as much...

where did u finally decide for ur kiddo?

Yors Truly said...

I meant just the price of the ticket! The odds to win something, like the Rs 10 crore jamboree, is much more if you buy Rs 10,000/- of lottery tickets! That wouldve been enough for switzerland, me thinks :-)

Anyway, after 2 years in Indus World School, she is currently in Class 1, in Heritage, Gurgaon. Cheers!